Oshawa Centre Grand Opening Sale 40% off (in-store only) ×
Pure Silver vs. Sterling Silver

Pure Silver vs. Sterling Silver

What is Pure Silver?

Pure Silver which is sometimes referred to as Fine Silver, is composed of 99.9% actual silver content. This type of purity makes fine silver too soft to be used in crafting jewelry, therefore jewelers often need to mix different metals to make the final product hard and sturdy.

 

What is Sterling Silver?

To create Sterling Silver, cooper needs to be added to pure silver in order to become more rigid and durable. On average, Sterling Silver has a purity of 92.5% which makes the remaining 7.5% to be composed of other metals such as copper, nickel, zinc, and others.

Many of the items available on Mulu Jewelry is made up of Sterling Silver which enhances durability and rigidity, it also plays an important part in keeping the birthstone attachment secure to the jewelry. Discover our collection and browse through our wide selection of birthstone jewelry.
Loading...